Translate

Sunday, January 22, 2012

22 January 2012: I needed a willing subject.

So, I turned to my cat Frankie for assistance.

I'm getting ready for the 2012 Northern Arizona Wedding Expo. A big part of my booth is the mobile studio. I know I'm going to have limited amount of real estate to work with and I want to get into the headspace of working in close quarters now.

Speedlight. Check.
Softbox. Check.
Reflector. Check.

 Subject? That's where Frankie comes in. While it may seem counter-intuitive to use a cat as a test subject/stand-in for prospective bridal clients, let's sus this out a bit shall we?

She's GORGEOUS.

She's full of personality.
 She's easily distracted (there's a lot going on at these trade shows).
 Getting her attention is a huge payoff.
 She wants to know all about the equipment.
She is incredibly photogenic.

 And you can tell quite easily when she's not happy.

In all seriousness, this was a great exercise. set up the gear quickly, dial in my settings and shoot. Once I've done those things I'm left with more time to address the needs and desires of my potential clients.

Truly looking forward to the Wedding Expo this coming Saturday. If you want tickets, let me know.

Ciao Bella,

Dano

No comments:

Post a Comment