Translate

Monday, January 7, 2013

The Impetus.

It would seen that now that I am well rested and have plenty of time in the mornings I have lost the impetus to blog.

So it would seem.

But, that is Not the way it is. Getting into a new rhythm, projects keep coming up and I really only want to keep up a dialog for when I have something worthwhile to say. In addition. I have started another blog elsewhere for my less Vanilla musings. I'm not going to promote it. I just want to see what happens on it's own.

When last we chatted, I was working my way through photo exercises and assignments with my mentor Matt. The last assignment was "Self Portraits." I have decided that I am singularly un-motivated by my own self portraiture.

Having said that, here are the results:



I've included one that I didn't submit. This first one didn't make the final cut but, in retrospect it doesn't suck too bad.




This is my mugshot. Saw the look on my face straight outta bed and went to grab the camera.




This triptych works but there's no context as to why every thing is sdrawkcab.




And finally, Gazing off into the future with a sense of hope.

Next assignment from Sensei is: Silhouettes. Hmmmmmmm. This could get graphic. (Ar, Ar, Ar,)

As for current projects underway... The ongoing Project Q is coming along nicely. I have been trusted by my wonderful friend Q to create a series of images that combined with her poetry bring a transitional part of her life into clear focus. This will be a analog, in-person exhibition in it's time. So you won't see it here. It's too personal for that.

My next big shoot is coming up on the 19 with, well.....ok another project that just doesn't get time on the blog.

I'd better get onto my silhouette assignment so I have something to share....  ;-)

Ciao Bella,

Dano 

No comments:

Post a Comment