Translate

Monday, September 17, 2012

Figure study 1/single pose

I love it when a plan comes together.

I've wanted to start a series of figure studies for some time. I can't say exactly why this seemed like the right time, I don't know. Suffice it to say, I've had an image in mind for quite some time and it was time to execute it. That image is leading to other images, ideas and concepts.

Working in Studio 204 consistently for a few months has been invaluable. That room has it's strengths and weaknesses and it's a lot of fun playing them off of each other. After all, every photograph is really a solution to a lighting challenge, isn't it?

And so this will truly be the first in a series. I'll be executing the same pose with different subjects, lighting and other variations. I'll be using this lighting scheme with other poses etc.

Working with subjects on this level has been a remarkable facet of this experience. I'm not using paid models and not everyone I've invited to participate has been into it. I've had to take no for an answer more than once. I've also had to create a comfortable experience for those who have graced me with their participation. Without their help, there are no images.

My subjects have truly blessed me and I offer thanks.




It's a new page in my creative experience and it feels like a hallway of doors is opening in front of me.

More to follow,

Ciao Bella


No comments:

Post a Comment