Translate

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

How big is your pedestal......

It was very common among eastern teachers to forbid that a religion be formed around their teachings. They did not wish to be placed upon a pedestal.

A colleague recently commented on the feeling of seeing another photographers work and simultaneously being inspired to go out and shoot while never wanting to make another photograph again.

I can't afford to put others up on a pedestal. I also can't afford to let someone else put me up there.

That sort of thinking leads me straight to my better than/less than mindset. That's where I'm only comfortable relating to you based on the roles of either being better than you or less than you. The concept of being equals, each with something unique to contribute, is just to much.

It's a mindset that separates me from others when I need them the most.

Ciao Bella,

Dano

No comments:

Post a Comment