Translate

Monday, October 15, 2012

Unlimited options

Last week I wrote about seeing the way as defined.

Yesterday (and on other occasions) I have  had the opportunity to see the way as so wide open and vast as to loose myself in with no direction and purpose.

Yesterday's Worldwide Photowalk was a great example. I wanted to participate but I felt completely unfocused.

My solution was this: I simplified my rig. One lens, one body. No toys. Then, I made one photograph. After that, all I had to do was walk. I had fulfilled the requirements of the photo walk and if a picture jumped out at me, so be it.







When the way leads me to a completely open place with no definition or clear boundaries all I need to do is keep moving forward. Putting some small boundaries on myself often gets me to crouch, bend or keep still revealing the image I'm looking for.


Ciao Bella,

Dano

No comments:

Post a Comment