Translate

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Meanwhile on the way...

When I look, what do I see? How do I see? Do I perceive shapes and objects with clearly defined boundaries of black, white and color? Do I enjoy an enhanced sense of clarity at a distance only to find a softer level of definition closer in?

Taking a Taoist approach to my life, I often see my path clearly, though the center has much more resolution than the edges. All the while the edges give me the most room to explore my boundaries and still stay on, or at least in sight of the way.

Considering a photograph, do I see in clearly defined lines or just the perception of them as light turns to dark? Is my definition clear at a distance and softer close in? Intention? Accident? Happy accident maybe? When I pre-visualize an image am I seeing an over view or very specific minutiae?

I always try to be willing to surrender a photograph to the Tao. If I have a concept at the start and a different image begins to reveal itself, I will always be happier and find more peace with the image that is. I'm not suggesting a failure of control here. I am saying that if presented with two images, the one I wanted to make and the image that I allow to reveal itself,  I'm always going to enjoy the one revealed by the Tao on a deeper level.

Off to wander,

Ciao Bella,

Dano

No comments:

Post a Comment