Translate

Monday, December 17, 2012

Lastest assignemt from Qui-Gon

Self portraits. GAAAAAHHHHHHHH!


So let's be clear. When I look at the photo above, I don't see a self portrait. Self mug shot. Self passport photo...maybe.

When I'm shooting a portrait of someone else I'm looking for something in them that they might otherwise not express. 

Oh. I see. I'm going to have to let go of a little more of my own reservations here. Hmmmmm.

Part of our conversation led to exploring the work of local Flagstaff photog, Janelle Cordova.


Janelle was on a trip to Supai with us a few years ago and from time to time I've checked out her blog but never looked close enough to see the extensive body of work she has done with self portraits. That is, until now. It's as if she has (sorry for the upcoming analogy Janelle) a total Tyler Durden thing happening. She's walking around as both subject and photographer...all at the same time.

In the case of this assignment I feel like I can barely start exploring the mindset of a committed self portraitist. Nonetheless..... I shall begin.

Ciao Bella,

Dano


No comments:

Post a Comment