Translate

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Self Portrait assignment continues.....

I'd like to point out the value of this mentor-ship deal once again. Working with someone else is pushing my boundaries, focusing my work and asking more of me than I would ask of my self.

That's one way to grow as a creative.

I would have shit canned this project in ten minutes had I not made the commitment to someone else to see it through. It's simply this: some challenges are easier to accept than others. An obscure, esoteric photo assignment would be one thing. Pretty easy to push through. An assignment that works in an area of photography that's not my favorite. No prob. Self examination........? Self examination is not something I'm too fond of on my best days. And I know the true value of a rigorous examination of self from practical experience.

So, where does this all lead?

Keep.

Going.

Keep.

Shooting.

Find the inspiration to make it happen. As I write, I've set up my camera to take a photograph every 2 seconds. It's sitting here to the left of my laptop. It's shooting at the mirror across the kitchen from where I'm writing. I wonder what it will see.......?

Hopefully, I'll forget about it and just let it capture what it will. This is getting odd. I gonna do some laundry.

Ciao Bella,

Dano


No comments:

Post a Comment