Translate

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Shooting Glass...Addendum

A friend of mine saw my last post about shooting glass and left a short response. WB (white balance). So, off I went to check my white balance and.....nothing. So I asked him to expand on his comments.

"WB is too cool in that image. Needs to be much warmer. Check out how much they fake it on the official Miller site. It's crazy".


Official Miller Image
My image.



























Yep. My Image is too cool. Also they're labels are brighter and they shot from a lower angle.

By bringing an established brand into the picture, I became subject to the standard that they set for their product.  Now the challenge is to re-create their standard. (I still like the fact that my image has less spectral highlights than theirs. Neener.)

The next result of this exercise is this: being reminded of Matt's keen eye in looking at images, I have asked and he has agreed to give me weekly assignments to hone my skills and my eye.

More on the concept of mentor-ship to come.

The Hill family and the lovely Roxanne grace Studio 204 today. I have to go get ready.

Ciao Bella,

Dano

No comments:

Post a Comment