Translate

Monday, November 26, 2012

S-cah-PAYYYYY!

You either get that or you don't.

It seems my friend John and I wound up with clear calendars over Thanksgiving weekend. He wanted get outside for a few days, I wanted to do something different over the Holiday.

I generally get weird over the holidays. Weird as in depressed, out of sync with society and generally pretty miserable. On the inside. On the outside, I put on the Thanksgiving Sweater, go to a friends house, eat turkey and make small talk. On the inside I wonder what the hell I'm doing here, where has my life gone and why do all these people sound like Charlie Brown's teacher?

Don't get me wrong. If I've been to your home for the Holidays I am truly grateful for the invite. I just get icky on the inside.

Enough of my self indulgent navel-gazing. John and I grabbed a couple of Kayaks and went down to Lake Havasu. If you've never camped at Cattail Cove State Park, you're missing out. It's pretty luxurious camping and the staff there does a great job.

http://azstateparks.com/Parks/CACO/index.html

Boat launch, Showers, Movies and all pretty cheap cheap.




We spent our first day on the water at Bill Williams National Wildlife Refuge. It was my second visit and just as nice as the first.






Our second day we planned to paddle up Topock gorge but, that just wasn't realistic. That trip is much better to do as a backhaul via an outfitter like AZWACKO or with two cars.

http://www.azwacko.com/




Along our day 2 paddle however, we did find a cool location to shoot. The Grotto.



You can bet I'll be back here in the spring or maybe the early summer for an epic shoot!

Holidays. They're here. Rocky Point for Xmas? Hmmmmmm.......

Ciao Bella,

Dano

No comments:

Post a Comment